By Justin H.
Today is a day of reflection, for on this day, December 9, 2015, our beloved Tek Shouts! surpassed 100,000 total page views! Considering we started covering all things tech just over a year ago, the Tek Team is elated with the progress up to this point.
As we continue to bring our readers the latest and best of tech industry news with our own spin on it, we are always looking for ways to take Tek Shouts! to the next level. Posting content every day has been extremely beneficial, as have all of our content marketing efforts. The next task of order is to build up that all-important email subscriber list!
On this day of reminiscing, let’s have a look back at our most successful blog posts in terms of traffic, shall we? It’s always great to look back on past articles, because no one wants old posts to fade into oblivion once they disappear from the home page. That’s blogging 101!
Without further ado, here are our top 10 posts of all time! We encourage you to check them all out at your own leisure.
1. 4 Google Maps Features You Can’t Live Without! – 5,203 views
2. Google and Twitter: Feuding, Fusing, and Why Google+ is Involved – 3,305 views
3. Virtual Scares on the Oculus Rift – 2,490 views
4. Tek This Out: Tesla’s Robotic Snake Car Charger – 1,150 views
5. The Evolution of Google+: 3 Important Updates – 1,106 views
6. Innovator of the Month: Chris Messina – 897 views
7. Tek This Out: 4 Great Blogs We Read to Generate Ideas – 813 views
8. Innovator of the Month: Seth Godin – 697 views
9. Social Media Strategy: Creating Popular Facebook Posts – 686 views
With a quick look at these headlines, we can deduce a few things. For one, keyword placement is obviously crucial when it comes to successful blog posts. SEO doesn’t need to be overcomplicated. A few strategically-placed keywords in your header can do most of the optimizing work for you!
It’s also important to call readers to action. Each title quickly foreshadows why the topic is important or lets you know you’re about to have your mind blown courtesy of a quality how-to article.
We hope all of our articles provide value and entertainment to each and every reader they reach. Thank you all for reading, and please feel free to subscribe to our email list for more updates. Here’s to 100,000 more!