By Lauren C.
We understand. You just couldn’t deal with Black Friday. The crowds, the stampedes, the lines. The last thing you wanted to do was head to the mall after spending a wonderful day watching football, drinking beer, and stuffing your face with scrumptious Thanksgiving food.
Thanks to our evolving, tech-friendly society, Black Friday is no longer the only option for early Christmas shopping and affordable deals. You can now search for these same deals, and even better bargains online without ever leaving your couch or fighting the nasty crowds at the mall. Cyber Monday allows you to find fantastic discounted goods online from participating retailers across the country. Luckily, as Cyber Monday has become more popular over the years, more and more retailers are participating in it. This means more great deals for you!
The tradition began the Monday before Thanksgiving in 2005, when the National Retail Federation’s Shop put out a message that reiterated how many big name retailers were planning on offering special deals for the first time the Monday after Black Friday. They stated, “Regardless of the reason or the time of day, consumers are expected to head online in droves on Cyber Monday, many during work hours.” From here on out, the tradition of shopping online after Black Friday became a real, viable option that many people across the country have taken advantage of.
Latest Trends, Best Prices
So, what are the hottest options this Cyber Monday? Here are the top 8 gadgets that people are searching for, according to search trends and popular items this year around the country. Don’t wait; start buying now before retailers run out!
1. Apple Watch – This is an iOS powered smartwatch for $296.00 can be found at Target. This is $60.00 cheaper than the normal asking price.
2. Google Nexus 5X – One of the latest in the line of consumer electronic devices that run on the Android operating system. You can find the new Android phone for $349.00 at Best Buy, which is an $80.00 discount.
3. iPad - You can find 25% discounted iPads at Staples. This is a great deal, considering Apple doesn’t usually offer discounts on iPads.
4. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - This is probably one of the most amazing, mind-boggling deals of all. You can find the new Samsung Galaxy for only $539.00 at Target, which is a whopping $500.00 cheaper than usual. That’s right; you read that correctly.
5. Fitbit Charge - Looking to get in shape after a long, sluggish holiday season? The popular fitness tracker is one of the hottest items on the market. Buy the Fitbit Charge on Amazon for only $89.00.
6. 4K TV - This is a high resolution television that offers up to four times the resolution that a typical full HD TV does. You can find a brand new, 49-inch Sony 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV for $798 on Amazon. This is a 50% discount off the regular price.
7. Nintendo 2DS – This Nintendo handheld system, which is a popular present for kids, is running at $79.00 on Walmart. Move quickly though on this one. It’s about ready to sell out!
8. Madden NFL 16 - The popular Madden video game series has released its latest version. You can find a discounted game for $47.00 at Target.
Not a Gadget Person? Search These Retailers for Clothes, Toys, and Other Deals
If you’re looking for other great deals on clothes or toys, visit Toys R Us, JC Penney, Kohl’s, Groupon, Macy’s, Kmart, and Target, to name a few. To see the complete list of retailers with the best average percent discount, visit Wallethub.com. There you can find a list of retailers who are participating in Cyber Monday by offering great deals, and you can compare the types of discounts in order to find the best deals possible.
Are you planning on shopping this Cyber Monday? What types of deals have you come across? Let us know in your comments!